Accounts Senior/ Semi Senior
Hysons, Chartered Accountants, is an Andover-based, accounting firm, providing individuals, charities, and businesses in and around Hampshire with a range of accounting service since 1979.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team as an accounts senior/semi-senior.
- undertaking book keeping on behalf of clients (in-house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT.
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns, including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline.
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information. These are prepared to the client’s required specifications and may be produced using accounting software or spreadsheets.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies (including service charge companies), sole traders and partnerships. To include completion of the accounts file, in accordance with our client’s procedures and production of accounts on IRIS Software for review by Managers.
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at a client’s premises covering any of the above areas or general book keeping and accounts work.
- Record time spent on each client’s affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary.
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Accounting Solutions Department or to provide additional assistance to clients.
The Successful Applicant
The main duties for this position will involve working on the books and records for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies (including those within groups), the preparation of VAT returns and the preparation of management accounts. There may also be some statutory accounts work required.
The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience, have completed their AAT qualification and will be self-motivated, computer literate and have good written and verbal communication skills. Study support may be made available for candidates completing or looking to complete their ACA/ACCA qualification
- Previous experience in book keeping, completing VAT returns and accounts preparation, having completed the AAT qualification (Professional Diploma in Accounting).
- Ideally, we are looking for a minimum of two to three years’ relevant experience, or an ability to demonstrate the required technical knowledge to undertake the duties outlined above with minimal supervision. This will include a strong understanding of double entry accounting.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment both with one’s colleagues and with and for the firm’s Managers and Partners.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to multi task and assist on ad hoc assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, with a good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email.
- Ability to check for accuracy and give good attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, including experience of accounting software programs, Word, Excel and other Windows based systems.
- Experience in completing bookkeeping for group companies.
- Experience in preparing full sets of Statutory Accounts.
- Prior experience of using IRIS packages, Xero, Sage and/or Quickbooks.
Working With Us:
This is an office-based role, full-time and you will be working with our friendly team based in Andover. You will receive a competitive salary (dependent upon experience) and benefits package, including a company pension scheme.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include any relevant information as to why you would like to join us.